Dinner Rolls

Dec 17, 2008

Ok, ok... I know things look a wee bit different around here. For one thing, my entire link list has been degraded to two blogs only. You see, I thought that the ol' blog could do with a face lift, I ended up erasing EVERYTHING except my blog post. So, don't worry, things will be up and running ASAP.




Meanwhile, I'm gonna share a new recipe I've discovered. It came out PERFECTLY the first time I made it. Problem is, when I did, I accidently spilled in too much sugar.Therefore, the sugar measurement you see in the recipe before you is an approximation. Original recipe comes by way of www.allrecipes.com ,only I make them by hand.Let me know how they turn out if you get around to trying them !! :-D

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup warm milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 cups high protein bread flour
  • 11g active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
DIRECTIONS

~Place water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in a large bowl. Mix and knead until a smooth ball of dough forms. Place into a lightly buttered bowl and leave aside for an hour to rise.


~When dough is done rising, punch down and knead a bit more. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle, divide and spread 1/4 cup softened butter over entire round. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Roll wedges starting at wide end; roll gently but tightly. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover with clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place, let rise 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).


~Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.

Feel free to dunk a warm, fresh outta the oven roll into anything. It goes great with curries, soups, stews or even on it's own with just a little butter. Enjoy!

0 comments: