Big Bad Wolf Books

Dec 2, 2009

~

I love these people. I want to MARRY whoever it is who thought of this FANTASTIC idea. I don't know how they manage to sell HARD COVER books, BRAND SPANKIN' NEW to boot for RM8. It's sureal. It's incredible. It's...just.....WOW. I never liked the Big Bad Wolf as a kid (that bloody flea infested fur bag scared the SH** out of me I tell you. I grew up thinking he'd make a LOVELY fur coat one day) but I sure as HELL love him now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
So since Saturday, Ampcorp has been FLOODED with people coming to buy books. I'm so serious, it's being held in the old cinema and there are people walking around with HUGE cardboard boxes just josteling one another and collecting books. It's so magical... there are books EVERYWHERE! On the floor, on tables, on racks, in little nooks and crannies, like something out of the pagemaster. And the best part is, all the people there GET IT. You know what I mean? It's like, they don't look at you like your some kind of freakish nerd whose head is going to pop off and start rotating if you walk up to the counter with welts on your arms from carrying books. Chances are, they'll recommend a few more to you!! And when you're walking around the mall with your very own Big bad Wolf bag, and another Big Bad Wolf bag carrier sees you, they give you this secret little smile. Like the both of you know something the rest of the world doesn't. It's so totally RADICAL!!!


Ok, so i went a little crazy..... but 26 books isn't really that much is it? Ok, so thats alot of books, BUT THEY WERE CHEAP!! It's not like I bought stupid stuff like...socks or something. I went nuts buying books!! Ahhhhhh...they're so beautiful. I love just staring at the unread pile.

















I bought :
~Simple Essentials, Chocolate (Donna Hay)
~2x Waitrose Food Illustrated
~Foreign Body (Robin Cooke)
~World Without End (Ken Follet)
~Inkheart (Cornelia Funke)
~Inkspell (Cornelia Funke)
~Inkdeath (Cornelia Funke)
~Vanity Drive (Yvonne Lee)
~Belly Dancing for Beginners (Liz Byrski)
~Breathing is Colour (Clare Jay)
~The Greedy Bastard Diary (Eric Idle)
~The Jamie Oliver Effect (Gilly Smith)
~Hook, Line and Homicide (Mark Richard Zubro)
~The Promise Land (David Hewson)
~Endgame (Andy Secombe)
~The Enchantress of Florence (Salman Rushdie)
~Hidden epths (Ann Cleeves)
~The Black Book of Secrets (F.E. Higgins)
~The Time Travellers Wife (Audrey Niffeneger)
~WAS (Geoff Ryman)
~Embryo Culture (Beth Kohl)
~Talking with My Mouth Full (Bonny Wolf)
~The Bones of Makaidos (Bryan Davis)
~Cast Not the Day (Paul Waters)

Not Pictured (they were for presents)
~Princess Diaries (Meg Cabot)
~Jane Blonde (Lord knows who)

1 comments:

Dharm said...

LOL! You bought 26 books!! Found you on the DB site where you said u wanted to make ...cant reveal that or the secret challenge will be out!! Nice to find a fellow Malaysian here! :)